Baltimore Gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit

5 posters

Go down

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit Empty Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit

Post  GM Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

You stand outside of the Bridge, 45 minutes until the ship goes into the Warp, according to the Explorator. One of the Boys is unconcious, hurt and maybe dying. (NPCs don't take critical damage, I just drop them unless they are major NPCs) The Arch Militant has seen better days and even the Navigator is looking haggard. The Bridge is pretty much wasted, many of the systems far too damaged from the detonation of the Navigator tank to operate even if there was power.

You may opt to travel straight to the Mid Decks from the Bridge or go towards the Damage Control and down from there. You know the path you took up here and if you decide to go another route you will have to Navigate your way through an unknown section of the ship. The closest Oxygen Station is back down near the Armory in the Mid Decks.
GM
GM
Admin

https://sob420.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit Empty Re: Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit

Post  Leo Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:10 pm

I dont know... Jason may have something to say about you not letting his guys take critical wounds and just dropping when they go past 0. Remember, he ALWAYS has his chainsword in his hand.... LOL! That shit is glued there!

Seriously tho, I say to the Captain, "SIr, I am in charge of making sure you are safe from bodily harm, not financial harm, so I suggest we make haste to our gun-cutter and evacuate ASAP. Maybe we can still salvage your estates on Quaddis when we make it out of here. If the man-woman wants to risk her life retrieving cargo, then she has sealed her fate and we can try to reach her once we are safely outside the confines of this vessel."
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit Empty Re: Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit

Post  GM Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:16 pm

NPCs are NPCs...heh I can start giving your enemies fate points and righteous fury if you want to blur the lines. They are disposable resources in the long run, they may look shiny, but they break just like any other NPC. If they accompany you on every trip to the bathroom then they will get some shit on their boots.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:51 pm

That made me realize-
I will need an NPC to accompany me in the bathroom. I can't reach around my bloated ass to wipe! Lol
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:57 pm

I think I will just start accompanying NPCs to the bathroom, then get a dodge roll to avoid getting shit on my boots!
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit Empty Back on Track

Post  GM Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 pm

You feel a slight rumble reverberate across the ship, it was brief but it felt as if something had collided with the Vessel.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Are the sensor systems still up or did Captain Plasma Grenade take them out?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm

There is no power, so no they are not up. Sensors/Security was the system that they were working on when Captain Plasma grenade let loose the Dogs of War. That, the Nav Tank and I think Helm was destroyed in the ensuing blast, now another "blast" seems to have struck or rocked the Intrepid Spirit.

I will handle Josh and his journey to the Cargo Hold seperately with him, so plan on what YOU are doing and do it. 5 minutes have passed.

[2:20] Elapsed Time

BTW/ How long does Butchers Stimm last befor he goes night night.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 pm

9 rounds i thought.
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 pm

I clip my harness to one of the butchers boys and turn off my mag boots.
"run, fool!"
we make for the cutter bay.
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 pm

[Butcher can post once before passing out.]

I need to know who is dragging/attached to whom.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit Empty Escaping the Ship!!

Post  GM Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 pm

The corridors are dark and silent and the light on your glow lamps flicker and dim a bit from their extended use. You have less than 40 minutes to make it to the Launch bay before the ship is expected to go to warp. You know that is nearly an impossible feat but adrenaline and desperation drive men to perform astounding feats. If ever there was a time for astounding feats this would be it.

There are a total of four phases that you must pass through in order to reach the Launch Bay. Each Phase is a series of extended tests. The Threshold for the test is 3, meaning you must accumulate at least three degrees of successes to complete the phase. There are three possible tests to make, you must start with the first and work your way to the third until you have accumulated a total of 3 successes. Each test you succeed on the following test gets a +10 bonus, a failure gets a -10 penalty. Each test accounts for 5 minutes, the more you accumulate the sooner you will negotiate that phase.

Phase 1
Test 1: The quality of the Pict Map is questionable at this point, there are so many hatches that are sealed that the fastest routes will take three times longer to pass through because of the obstacles, the least obstructed routes are roundabout ways and passages. Only 1 Person makes this test, it is either a Navigation-Land(+0) test or an Intelligence (-10) test as they try to plot the most direct route.

Count the successes, if you total three degrees you are done with this Phase, other wise go to Test 2. Any degrees of failure will subtract from future successes and dgerees.

Test 2: The Hatches are all sealed and locked due to the saftey mechanisms installed aboard the Vessel, however they can be bypassed with a manual lever. Some are fairly simple to operate, others have not been maintained in some time and require an extra bit of effort. There is no power to bypass the maglocks directly w/o powering each set with a Talent (Energy Cache) which must precede a Tech Use (-30) test. If the first test was successful gain a +10 bonus to this test, otherwise it is -10.

Count the successes or failures from whichever test is made. Again, this is only made by a single person.

Test 3: If you have gotten to this point you are in trouble. Everyone moving (not being dragged) must make an Agility (-10) test or Acrobatics (+0) test. If the previous tests were successful everyone gets a +20 to their test, if only Test 2, a +10, otherwise a -10 is applied. Anyone dragging another makes an Agility test at -10 and may not attempt to use Acrobatics. Everyone must succeed at this test or they will either be left behind or affect the Extended test threshold.

If you do not pass this phase due to a lack of successes you may carry over any successes into an attempt to pass that phase again. Any degrees of failure add a minute onto the total time. Until you accumulate 3 degrees of success you are stuck in that phase.

The Void Master can provide a +20% bonus to the first Navigation/Intelligence test with his familarity of his ship, however after the first phase he goes off on his own towards the Cargo Bay and you no longer receive it.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 am

I dont think anyone has the Energy Cache talent. D'oh!
Oh and Stimm doesnt make Bill pass out. He is at -20 to S, T, and Ag in addition to the -10 for being fatigued at 4 levels.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit Empty To make things easy

Post  GM Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:27 am

To make things easier i will do the rolls on the forums I just need to know who will be the basis for which rolls.
Test 1 (Intelligence/Navigation-Land)
Test 2 (Strength/Tech-Use)

Descrbe the action and i'll apply the bonuses.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Not it!
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Also Not It.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Navigator for the Int tests or the Explorator?
Butcher for the Strength tests or the Boys? or Explorator for Tech Use?

I'll go with Explorator for Int test and the Boys for the Strength test if there is no objection by midnight.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Sorry its Luminen Charge that powers stuff up. So using that is a seperate roll (5 minutes) but only makes the Tech Use (-10) instead of (-20)
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm rocking a 39 Str and a 33 Int, both of which are -10 due to my fatigue. I don't think I should be doing either roll.
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Online Session 1: Escaping the Intrepid Spirit Empty Crew Effects

Post  GM Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Navigator: Fatigued
Explorator: Fatigued
Arch-Militant: Fatigued, -20 S, T and Agi
Boys: 1 Dead, 2 Fine, 1 Fatigued

Rogue Trader: +10 to a single test each phase
Fatigued characters can not assist but can perform an action
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:10 am

Dont think anyone has Luminen Charge either, lol.
I will take the Str test with a 40 S, if there are no objections, or someone is stronger.
And Dave can coach me!
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Ok, there doesn't seem to be an overall interest in this so I am going to hold off on it and we'll do it Tuesday. Its only a set of dice rolls so it won't take long.

Leo and Charley, you each get +50xp
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down