Baltimore Gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel like chicken tonight!

+2
Leo
GM
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! Empty Recorded Vox Transmission

Post  GM Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Epsilon 5: Copy that TacCom, adjusting auguries across multiple bands. Same result, over.
TacCom: Roger that Epsilon 5, Epsilon Leader identify Five Five Vector Seven Anomaly, confirm.”
Epsilon Leader: Sensor Auspex are useless TacCom, some type of interference from the Bogey. Making approach for visual confirmation, over.
Epsilon 3: Vox contact still negative sir, still unable to isolate the frequency being emitted, could be an effect of the Augury interference, over.
TacCom: Roger Epsilon leader, plot Vector Seven Seven, over.
<Localized Vox Chatter>
Epsilon Leader: Wild Child, Arch Angel form up on my wing, Hammer, Anvil take up overwatch positions, if a single turret even flinches launch ordinance and fall back to Delta Six Six, confirm.
Epsilon 2, 3, 4, 5: Delta Six Six, confirmed.
Epsilon Leader: By the Emperor, what is that on the Hull, is that Battle Damage? Hammer can you get any readings from that thing?
Epsilon 5: Negative sir, Auguries are really messed up, it looks like more than simple interference.
Epsilon 3: I have to agree sir, the signal I detected is some type of a broadcast.
Epsilon Leader: Broadcast? You mean you made contact?
Epsilon 3: Negative sir, it sounds like a feedback loop of some sort, it doesn’t appear to be coherent.
Epsilon 4: I think I am picking it up as well on my vox caster, like a buzzing sound. Damn these MIUs itch.
Epsilon 5: Sir, I have a visual on the Vessel’s engines, they look to have suffered some sort of damage.
Epsilon Leader: Is it recent?
Epsilon 5: Let me take a pict of it with my Auspex sir, oh wait they aren’t working.
Epsilon Leader: Don’t be a prick Hammer, using your years of experience as a Hellion and as a pain in my ass what would your guess be.
Epsilon 5: Sir, the Navy does not train me to guess.
Epsilon Leader: Commissar Grolsch is going to receive a rather lengthy discourse…
Epsilon 5: Understood sir, sorry sir. I would guess that it is recent, I don’t see any obvious exterior damage from weapons fire. Rents in the hull appear to balloon outwards.
Epsilon Leader: Engine Explosion.
Epsilon 4: Seriously, no one else hears the buzzing sound?
Epsilon 3: Its not quite a buzzing as it is a humming.
Epsilon 4: That’s not a hum, its going bzzzzzz.
<Global Chatter>
TacCom: Um, is there a problem with your Vox systems Captain?
Epsilon Leader: No sir, just some type of broadcast from the Vessel.
TacCom: Contact with the crew or a distress beacon?
Epsilon Leader: Neither as far as I can…
<Local Chatter>
Epsilon Leader: Anvil your channel is open I am getting feedback from your vox.
Epsilon 4: Sir that’s not me, that’s the broadcast I was telling you about.
Epsilon 2: Up ahead sir, 30 degrees, vector two one. Hitting the spot.
Epsilon 3: I have localized the frequency and..it is a message…I think.
<Global Chatter>
TacCom: Epsilon Leader?
Epsilon Leader: Sorry TacCom we are experiencing technical problems with our Vox systems. What is that saying?
TacCom: What is what saying Epsilon leader?
<Local Chatter>
Epsilon 2: Sir, the Vessel is the…
Epsilon Leader: The signal is repeating we are the one. Damn MIU..
Epsilon 3: We are the One.
Epsilon 2: “Intrepid Spirit”.
<A loud screech of feedback dominates the signal briefly cutting out the signal>
Epsilon Leader: Fuck, Wild Child what in hell are you doing?! Arch Angel, Hammer evasive maneuvers…
Epsilon 5: We are the one..
Epsilon 2: On your six sir, God Emperor…
<Global Chatter>
TacCom: Epsilon Leader what is your status?…Epsilon Leader what is your status? Come in Epsilon Leader, confirm identification; Intrepid Spirit. Epsilon Leader?
GM
GM
Admin

https://sob420.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! Empty I feel like chicken tonight!

Post  Leo Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:59 pm

So I saunter over next to the good captain and stand quietly behind him during the meal. I will only comment on anything, or respond, if directly spoken to.
(Sorry to play the quiet, stone-wall type, but that is how I picture my assassin for this game. I do actually talk, but only when addressed directly)
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! Empty Re: I feel like chicken tonight!

Post  GM Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:19 pm

The Captain's private dining room is a far cry from where the rest of the crew dines. The Room is large, nearly 10 Meters long and almost as wide. The walls are adorned with various cases and shelves, within and atop numerous trinkets have been displayed, presumably from the various worlds the Vessel has visited. The light within here is all natural, powered by oil filled lamps and large decorative candelabras, the shadows play along the expertly set table.

The table is enormous, a reddish brown color, it appears to be some type of natural wood, the hint of teak in the air indicates that it was recently polished to its present state. Stretching nearly 8 meters, lined with rows of chairs on opposite sides, it looks to have been carved from a single piece of wood.

Mamzel Prudence, the Chief Steward of the vessel directs a number of servitors carrying trays of expensive fruits, candied meats and sweet rolls, other have pitchers of wine and amasec. They are laid out across the table, buffet style, apparantly your apertif before your other courses. When everything is laid out, she stands quickly at attention and bows towards the Captain exscusing herself and the servitors as they leave you all alone until the next course.

[Any personal questions for me can be directed to your personal Forums and I will answer there.]
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 pm

(Gom-gom-gom)"This is pretty good grub"(burp) "So, Gordy, I've charted out courses for Port Wander, Quaddis, Hadd, Scintilla, and Fenksworld. Where'd ya wanna go first? I would advise Volg on Fenksworld first, though it is the furthest destination. Juss so happens- mm, give me that sweet bread thing(nom-nom)- I know a way to cut some time off that trip. Course, I'll have to take the helm for that, but I am ready to consider doing it for ya."
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

<Sorry, I fell asleep.>
"Gentlemen, I've brought you here tonight to discuss our first endeavor together, and to enjoy this lovely food. As you know, we have accepted a spice trade contract which appears to be very lucrative indeed.
"I've asked each of you to complete some small tasks. I would very much appreciate updates before we continue."

The captain takes a long drawl from his goblet and makes a general nod to the rest of the room's occupants.

"Also, some matters have occurred that require our attention.
"Firstly, some of the Myngs estate on Quaddis is being auctioned off. While I cannot attest to the verity of the papers, I know that our family foe, Fell, is involved in some way. While I am loathe to let these things slip through our grasp, the auction is to occur during the Festival of Tattered Fates, and I fear we will not be in attendance. Our taking on of supplies most certainly takes precedance.
"Secondly, I had hoped to respark the dynasty's old alliance with the Moone traders. Their ship, the Intrepid Spirit, was set to dock here mere days from now and I was to parlay with its captain. Unfortunately, this has occurred." From in his great coat, G.F. tosses a dataslate to the dinner table, missing gravy boat and wine chalices.
"The slate contains a transcript of some note. While I am not clear of its origins, the dialogue it discloses is of more than passing interest. The Intrepid Spirit has been compromised, lads, but by what I do not know. I fear that, given the rental of some bays on this station to undisclosed planetary defense forces, the Great Eye may have turned this way. This creates more problems, I fear.
"I do not want to lose the captain of the Spirit, but I cannot afford the attention of the Emperor's Sinister hand. Something must be done or attention will inevitably be drawn to our dynasty.
"With that link shattered, I should think we might build a relation with those captains who already ply the routes of trade for the spice. As we might name our own price, so to speak, I think we may be able to persuade and win, if not the hearts then indeed the wallets of those captains who fear to lose their trade to us."
The captain takes another long draught from the goblet and waves to his crew.
"Discuss."

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 pm

/OOC Hoylman is stuck at a light rail stop trying to get home. Hopefully he will be on in time to respond.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 pm

<OOC: I am pretty sure this will take a few days.>

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Bill says that if he is to get in touch with his contact for more shipping lane info, that we need to go to Port Wander. He also says that Port Wander is the best place to strike some deals and we have to go through there to pick up spice anyway. (this is his text message)
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:23 pm

You all can take as long as you want, we have until next Tuesday. Anyone that wants a copy of the data script should ask Dave to email them a copy or cut and paste the transmission so that you can actually "hear it". Same thing for anyone else that I gave information to, unless you are being purposely vague.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 pm

"And what of the rest of you? Gaz has most decidedly completed his tasks with great speed. Leo has kept me from certain harm. Bill has a contact with military information. Xeros is hard at work on duplicating Bill's warrant and adding Master Decker's displeasing profile. Which leaves Madame, who has set up the dinner.
"But what of the other tasks? Have you contacted the ally we have here at port so I might meet him and gain some report of Fell's activities on Quaddis? Have you a list of our contacts on Scintilla and Volg? Have you arranged a meeting betwixt myself and the most influential captain of those who are currently plying the spice trade we seek to take over? Have you spoken to Gaz about arranging a meeting with his family?
"Madame, these are not trifles I require. These are your tasks."

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Mamzel Prudence is the Chief Steward, she is the one that set up the meal. If you check the crew section you will see her listed there. Madame is your Seneschal, played by Matt "My COmputer is Broken except for playing Castle Age" Norton. Two different people.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 pm

<OOC: Just establishing that the others have completed everything or are still working on the tasks. And Matt didn't even do what I thought he did. Razz>

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! Empty Too Expedite

Post  GM Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:49 pm

[This is only because there is no way in hell Matt will ever log here and I want you all to get past this]

Madame swishes around a glass of Amasec, looks up at you and gulps it down in a single swallow. She stands from her chair and pulls out a data slate.

"Well sir, I have been working on securing the property you have found out is being foreclosed on, the Auction will be taking place in three, no now its two, two days. I am suprised that you are willing to just cast away your property without a care. An estate, 12km in diameter on Quaddis along the equatorial zone of the 3rd quadrant, do you understand the value? At all? This will be the first time real estate on Quaddis has been available for purchase in, Throne knows how long. I can't even fit the value of it on a single line of my Data Slate. With the Festival going on, that means the Great Conjunction will be occurring, the days are nearly twice as long, the Auction is set for the apex of the eventgiving us just about 6 days. Well 5 now."

"I have not made any contact with anyone that I know until we have some direction. I can call my contact in Volg and tell him to expect us, but what happens if we end up at Quaddis or Port Wander for some time, I have one pissed off contact."
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:55 pm

"So, we have a goal. We should be finished taking on supplies in less than two days. Gaz, how soon to Quaddis? I think if Xeros's Lathe world is along the route, we should stop there. Elsewise, that will be our next stop after Quaddis, followed by Port Wander. Madame, do what you can about contacting the last league of smugglers for the spice route. See if we can get a destination from that awful transmission on the dataslate, Xeros. Bill, we may have to make war on the Intrepid Spirit, or the Great Eye will be upon us. Madame may be able to procure a deck plan for the ship. Someone get me a deckplan! I want this trouble behind us. Too many pitfalls at the journey's start, I say."

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:58 pm

She continues, "I would also remind the Captain that the Intrepid Spirit is actually registered to the DYnasty, falling under the purview of your Writ.." she looks at her data slate for a moment, "ahh yes, right here. The Intrepid SPirit, The Merciless and the Star Gazer, three vessels registered in the Segmentum Obscurus to the Hastings-Myng's Dynasty, your father has been listed as the Captain here for...wow, over 600 years? Thats some serious juvenat work."

SHe pours another glass of amansec, takes a moment to allow it to breathe taking a quick scent of the ehady liquor. "That being said, if there is something on the Intrepid Spirit, would it not be wiser to dispose of it ourselves before the Inquisition does and then identifies you as the owner?"

She shrugs as if she doesn't care and slumps back to her chair and takes another big swig from her glass.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:09 am

"I should hate to lose the resource, but I don't want the Inquisition breathing down our necks. Which is why I asked Bill to prepare a plan, Madame."

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 am

She slides over a data slate. The Intrepid Spirit is a "Journeyman" Class Cargo Hauler, designed for long distance warp tarvels it is 80% cargo space. It only holds a crew of 180, much much smaller than your Vessel but it is only a half of a kilometer in length. The ENgine Room is located in the rear of the Vessel, as well as the Main Plasma Core and Damage Control Station/AdMech Workshop. The Bilge Decks are where the two main cargo bays are, one in the bow and one astern. A Large landing bay bisects them, access on either side through vox controlled loading bay doors. Secondary Ship Systems such as waste recycling, water recycling and the environmental Systems baffling filters are also down here. The Mid Decks are dozens of small cargo bays, accessed via lifts and cranes, crew quarters and other amenities and the medicae and armory reside on these 12 decks. The main spinal arteriaa is directly above. connecting the Engineer room to the Bridge, passing through the top of the mid decks and the lower levels of the Generatorium Secundi. That area is where the back up power, life support and Geller Field are located.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 am

A sly grin comes over her face, "heh, are you sure thats what you want me to do Captain?" She takes another sip of her Amnasec. "So, I should shake things up here a bit, make some further inquiries into your..our plans, right on the cusp of a possible Inquisitior coming to the Station..."she lets the last sentence linger a few moments and the continues..."Should I just leave him a correspondence and the details of our journey?"
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 am

She touches her ear as if activating a Micro Bead, " Hello Inquisitor Rykehuss this is Madame, yes we are getting ready to smuggle an iilegal narcotic into the Imperium, we would have waited for you but were in a hurry. If you shake down a couple of people for information I am sure you will find out itinerary" She laughs for a few moments shaking her head.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 am

"So, it's Rykehuss then? You are right, of course. We will retake the Intrepid Spirit, then to Quaddis, then to that Lathe world, then to Port Wander."
"Anyone else?"

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 am

"Huh? Whos Rykehuss?" she takes another gulp "Come to think of it, if the Inqusition is coming here do we really want to sit around a few extra days just to make sure we have toilet paper in all of the heads? I mean seriously, you think that they will just let us go if they want Butcher. I don't know if you think this is just some small group of magistarates knocking on your hull but let me assure you sir that it is not." You see her cheeks are flushed and some of her words begin to slur.

"This is the Big Friggin =I=, they don't frig around. You don't even know when they are getting into port and are all casual about sticking around a few more days. Throne" She grabs her head, "Damn its hot in here."
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:39 am

<ok, I'm leaving this til tomorrow for others to chime in on.>

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 am

"And another thing..."she begins and then her eyes roll in the back of her head as she falls face first into the sweet roll she hadn't even touched.

[Madame is done..one few too many]
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 am

"Pass the gravy. And the meat..and the- bah! Pass it all this way. (gorges for a while and then smacks his lips obnoxiously) well, Gordenhiem, seems like your shit is falling apart faster than cutter without screws. A ship and an estate ready to be lost...hmm. I'd not let that property on Quaddis slip, but that's juss me. I can get us there in time if you're ready to ship out now. With the routes I've plotted, here's our options:
From Malfi to:
Port Wander: 6 days
Hadd: 3-5 days (Gravity Fluctuations in the system make any figure a guess)
Quaddis: 5 days
Scintilla: 12 days
Volg: 60 days, less if you wish me to make it so.
I'll have to recheck my charts to give you an estimate on the time to the Lathes. But they're pretty close on to Malfi(here) so, they shouldnt be too far off.
I don't follow entirely about this...Spirit is it? May I read the data slate? What is it you fear the Inquisition should discover?
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 am

I lean over and whisper in the captain's ear. (check your private messages Dave)
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum