Baltimore Gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 1: Preface

5 posters

Go down

Session 1: Preface Empty Session 1: Preface

Post  GM Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm

You are aboard the Gun Cutter, conciousness returning to most of the Butcher's Boys and "Slick" sliding behind the controls of the Gun Cutter. The front deck begins to clear as the large Blast Doors lower just behind the Gun Cutter sealing it from the rest of the Loading Bay.

An older and heavily scarred Trooper with the stripes of a Sergeant looks over to the Butcher, his left arm in a sling, having been dislocated from the impact against the Hull of the Cutter from a concussion rocket. " Sorry sir, they had us outgunned. Too many fuel tanks nearby the ship and we couldn't get a clear line of fire." You see he groans a bit as he readjusts himself in the nylon webbing that serves as the passenger seating in the Gun Cutter. "Decker was close, I heard one of them talking to him in his Micro Bead."

Everyone is suddenly jarred as the Gun Cutter lifts off from the Gravity Plating, drifting upwards you hear the hum of the thrusters activate and feel a wash of warm air as they are engaged, propelling the Gun Cutter out of the Orbital Station. It takes a few moments for the Grav Plates in the Cutter to activate giving you the momentary feeling of weightlessness. Your feet then hit the hull with a gentle thud as 40% of your weight returns.

Slicks voice then comes over the Vox Caster, "Where to sir? Should we return to the Merciless?"
GM
GM
Admin

https://sob420.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Session 1: Preface Empty The Gun Cutter

Post  GM Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

The Gun Cutter has a crew capacity 5, a Pilot, Co-Pilot/Navigator, Augury/Communications and a Prow Gunner and a Dorsal Gunner. An Auto Cannon is mounted in the Prow and Dorsal Turret while a pair of Las cannons are mounted in forward firing fixed mounts. A small Cabin rests just behind the Cockpit, consisting of a pair of three stacked bunks which lower from the wall as needed, a locker for each and what passes for a single occupant head, the toilet and the shower occupying the same space. The Dorsal turrret can be accessed via a hatch in the ceiling from within the machine room, reinforced walls and thicker plating protect the delicate systms involved in managing the plasma plants powering the systems Thrusters. A Pair of doors leads to the exterior of the Gun Cutter.

Below Deck and the cabin is the Nose Gun and its ammo mechanism. The Las Cannons can also be serviced from this area, often requiring replacement power couplings if heavily used. Below the machine room and stern of the Cutter is the cargo compartment. Seating for 12 is provided via nylon webbing, usually used to stow cargo it has been fashioned into two rows of 6 seats, plenty of cargo room left over for a small vehicle. Tie Dowm clamps set into the floor seem to be set up for a pair of bikes and a sentinel. The rear hatch has been modified to allow for Low and High Altidue Drops, whether from static lines or with the aid of Grav Chutes.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Session 1: Preface Empty Re: Session 1: Preface

Post  GM Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:55 pm

You arrive back on the Merciless, the Gun Cutter vanishing within the belly of the massve ship. The Cutter lands with a heavy "thunk" in the Landing Bay, the gravity a bit heavier on the vessel than set on the Gun Cutter it takes a moment to adjust as you step off of the boarding ramp and onto the flight deck. Two other landers are docked, their cargo being unloaded by Servitors while robed men with data slates, abacus's and other tallying devices while the Void Master shouts orders to dozens of men attaching suspensor plates to the cargo and pushing it from the cargo bay to various sections of the ship.

He acknowledges the presence of the Captain returning on board, voxing across the ship his return and reassumtion of command. He finishes talking with two of the deck crew pointing at the Cutter, he slaps one on the back of the head then points at a pair of maintenance Servitors before making his way to the group.

Stopping 2 meters short of the group he stops, salutes the Captain crisply," Welcome back sir," looking at the Gun Cutter, "shit, what in Throne happend to the back? Are these scorch marks?" he glares over at the Butcher briefly, then to Slick and shakes his head solemnly. "Damn Bill, only you can turn a simple meeting with an employer into a war." As he says that you see a pair of servitors begin scrubbing and scraping the dameged areas of the Gun Cutter, Techs directing them with their command wands.

He looks over at the Navigator, however you notice that he seems to purposely avoid looing directly at him, "Lord, we have made the modifications to your Tank as requested, you should find it to have a bit more...err Elbow room..".

"So Captain, how did things on the Station go? The Merciless is almost fully loaded, maybe another day or two. The Crew have all been asssigned to their sections, Taskmasters getting familiar with their stations. The Tech Adepts arrived from the Cult Mechanicus this morning." he looks at the Explorator, "Master Enginseer, they await you in your workshop." his gaze returns to the Captain, "Security has been organized by deck, a few of the men have some formal enforcer training but hell sir, most of these guys are bad bad men. I swear that big one with the scars and tattoos, well you are the Captain. I hope you didn't drag me out of retirement to die at the hands of our own crew." He lets out a bellowing laugh that shakes the entire deck, at least it seems to and then shakes his head as he scratches at the grey and black stubble growing from his chin. "Heh, sorry sir, been up two days, haven't made it to my bunk yet. Damned can't sleep anyways with the voices and shit getting knocked around", he looks around instinctively at the empty air around and then lowers his voice. "We already have lost a few men to these ghosts, or at least we guess so, its hard to navigate sometimes, walking down one corridor only to be on a completely different deck. Not that I believe in that stuff sir."

"Oh, one last thing sir. A message was delivered to the ship, it is in your office."

Last edited by GM on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 pm

*EDIT* I thought we were back aboard the Merciless. Please save this transmission for when we are aboard it*

You hear Agent Xero's monotone voice come over the internal vox system:

"Gentlemen, and Lady, of the away team. Please report at your earliest convenience to room 213B, Equipment Logistics and Inspection Room, to have all weapons and battle gear that accompanied you on the away trip inspected and if need be cleansed and purified in the name of the Omnisiah. The Machine spirits will not stand to be ignored for the lengthy time they are stowed away on board.

Please be sure to remove all live amunition from weapons prior to entering the Logistics room as the guardian servitors are programmed to deal harshly with those they deem a threat to the ship, ie those carrying live ammunition in their weapons when entering the room.

Thank you for your compliance in this matter. May the Emperor Protect."

***vox transmission ends***
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 pm

[Everyone has been given their orders and I would like to know what you plan on doing before we play Tuesday (if we do) so that we can get right into the action. If you have to do anything that will require me looking things up in the book tell me here or in your private forums section, don't want to have to do it when we play if I could have already had it done.]
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:20 pm

[Also at some point in the near future, I need a list of your Best Quality wargear. You can put it where you posted your characters stats. This includes everything that you own personally, not part of the ship's supplies, those will be listed seperately.]
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Captain pats his First Mate on the shoulder.
"Get some Rack time. I need you fresh tomorrow. I'm sure the taskers can finish this bit."
I head to my office and the note that arrived.
<Can we spend xp?>

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Unless the Captain chooses otherwise Dinner will be at 1900, five hours from now. If there is anything that anyone wishes to have done in that time make sure we wrap it up here before we play. We will begin playing at the start of dinner.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:30 pm

GM wrote:Unless the Captain chooses otherwise Dinner will be at 1900, five hours from now. If there is anything that anyone wishes to have done in that time make sure we wrap it up here before we play. We will begin playing at the start of dinner.

I take a dump in the Captain's shitter.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm

There is no Toilet Paper, due to the intense itching you are -10% on Fel and Agi tests until you can properly scrub.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:29 pm

GM wrote:There is no Toilet Paper, due to the intense itching you are -10% on Fel and Agi tests until you can properly scrub.

Woohoo rocking a 12 Fel right now!
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Serves you right. Use the hall shitter next time. There's corn cobs.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill the Butcher Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:08 am

I have the Boy's add all the equipment we "salvaged" to the Armory, and have the suits of carapace taken to Tank[Armorer] for re-fitting. I want a suit of Carapace for the following people: The Sargent[My second in command], Whiskers[Comm Guy], Doc[Medic], and Fingers[Sec. Systems]

If Tank can pull off the re-fitting in the next 24 hours that would be fantastic!
Bill the Butcher
Bill the Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down