Baltimore Gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 3: Escaping the Spirit

+2
Demonus
GM
6 posters

Go down

Session 3: Escaping the Spirit Empty Session 3: Escaping the Spirit

Post  GM Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Elapsed Time: 2:20

The corridors are dark and silent and the light on your glow lamps flicker and dim a bit from their extended use. You have less than 40 minutes to make it to the Launch bay before the ship is expected to go to warp. You know that is nearly an impossible feat but adrenaline and desperation drive men to perform astounding feats. If ever there was a time for astounding feats this would be it.

There are a total of four phases that you must pass through in order to reach the Launch Bay. Each Phase is a series of extended tests. The Threshold for the test is 3, meaning you must accumulate at least three degrees of successes to complete the phase. There are three possible tests to make, you must start with the first and work your way to the third until you have accumulated a total of 3 successes. Each test you succeed on the following test gets a +10 bonus, a failure gets a -10 penalty. Each test accounts for 5 minutes, the more you accumulate the sooner you will negotiate that phase.

Phase 1
Test 1: The quality of the Pict Map is questionable at this point, there are so many hatches that are sealed that the fastest routes will take three times longer to pass through because of the obstacles, the least obstructed routes are roundabout ways and passages. Only 1 Person makes this test, it is either a Navigation-Land(+0) test or an Intelligence (-10) test as they try to plot the most direct route.

Count the successes, if you total three degrees you are done with this Phase, other wise go to Test 2. Any degrees of failure will subtract from future successes and dgerees.

Test 2: The Hatches are all sealed and locked due to the saftey mechanisms installed aboard the Vessel, however they can be bypassed with a manual lever. Some are fairly simple to operate, others have not been maintained in some time and require an extra bit of effort. Strength (+0) test. There is no power to bypass the maglocks directly w/o powering each set with a Talent (Energy Cache) which must precede a Tech Use (-30) test. If the first test was successful gain a +10 bonus to this test, otherwise it is -10.

Count the successes or failures from whichever test is made. Again, this is only made by a single person.

Test 3: If you have gotten to this point you are in trouble. Everyone moving (not being dragged) must make an Agility (-10) test or Acrobatics (+0) test. If the previous tests were successful everyone gets a +20 to their test, if only Test 2, a +10, otherwise a -10 is applied. Anyone dragging another makes an Agility test at -10 and may not attempt to use Acrobatics. Everyone must succeed at this test or they will either be left behind or affect the Extended test threshold.

If you do not pass this phase due to a lack of successes you may carry over any successes into an attempt to pass that phase again. Any degrees of failure add a minute onto the total time. Until you accumulate 3 degrees of success you are stuck in that phase.

The Void Master can provide a +20% bonus to the first Navigation/Intelligence test with his familarity of his ship, however after the first phase he goes off on his own towards the Cargo Bay and you no longer receive it.

[We will be picking up as you leave the Bridge behind. The Void Mistress will be with you for one Phase providing a +20 bonus to the first test of the first phase. At that point if all goes according to plan you should arrive at your destinations at the same time.]
GM
GM
Admin

https://sob420.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Escaping the Spirit Empty Re: Session 3: Escaping the Spirit

Post  Demonus Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 am

I take however long it takes to remove this giant fire suit thing Im wearing since it cuts off agility. I can attempt the strength test if anyone wants (40str). What is the agility/acrobatics test for? Are we epic tumbling through something?
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 pm

The Agility test is for moving through the hallways as quickly as possible and is the last line of gaining the required successes to advance. It is made by everyone unlike the first two tests. This is my way to speed you guys through the ship in time w/o playing the entire scene out. If you would rather play out each door, each section and each corridor we can. I decided to wait to do this on Tuesday so that you all can actually put some thought and effort in planning your escape instead of just deciding who isn't going to make the tests. Also, I haven't heard anyhing from Josh, surprise...about what he plans on doing exactly. Last I heard he was going to the cargo hold but never responed to my confirmation email. His presence will make the navigation/intelligence test easier but then he won't be able to make it to the Cargo Hold.

If you all think you can make the tests here before tomorrow night then by all means, but I decided against doing the rolls because they are not my characters lives hanging in the balance and if i failed I don't want it to be out of your hands and if I succeeded then it would be robbing you of the "oh shit we gotta get moving now" experience that is so much more fulfilling...

To reiterate:

There are up to three tests in a phase and a minimum of 4 phases to make it to the Launch Bay. The first 2 tests are made by a single person, (Navigation-Land(+0)/Intelligence (-10)) and (Strength(+0)/Tech Use(-30)). Three degrees of success must be collected or you then have to make a third test, everyone "walking" (not being dragged) makes an (Agility(-10)/Acobatics(+0)) test adding all success and failures togetehr to try and get 3 or more degrees of success (sum of the first 2 tests and the 3rd).

Being an Extended Test if you succeed in the previous test (starting at the 2nd obviously) you recieve a +10 to the next test, increasing by another +20 (+20 total) on the third. The opposite holds tru for failures though, as each test is harder due to having to make up for the earlier failures.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:05 pm

okie doke. Im thinking str is the way to go as I dont believe anyone has a really high tech use (Im at 34ish with the -30/+20). If someone can beat 40 or rolls better than I they are welcome to do it.

xp is still spendabe on stuff we dont have to "learn" right? ie I want to spend 100xp on Trade Armorer but that can wait till back on ship however I could raise my Int if I wanted?
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:46 pm

I forget. Is the new xp spendable?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:02 pm

You may spend your XP, you may also spend it on Trade Armorer, the only thing that you can't learn are Lores unless they are in your current career Rank.

and..you must list your expenditures in your Background Information or wherever you put your stats at.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill the Butcher Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Are there functioning "escape" pods on or near the bridge?
Bill the Butcher
Bill the Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:50 pm

None near to where you are, further down in the Mid Decks (Phase 2) are a pair of lifeboat stations, not far from the Apothecarium. They are not navigable, instead programmed to remain within a certain area or to land on a specific planet.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Escaping the Spirit Empty Experience for Session 3

Post  GM Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:03 am

Well sorry stuff dragged on in the beginning i wanted to make an easy way to keep track of two seperate objectives which required similar timing. It was a bit painful, but much less than it could have been. So, you have arrived at Quaddis now...

Everyone gets 200xp
+25xp for escaping the Merciless past your deadline.
+100xp for saving the cargo.
+100 Achievement Points (Star Charts) towards an Exploration objective for an Endeavor

Josh +50xp for going through with his original plan and saving his and the Captain's life/freedom with a well executed Agility test.

Matt gets +25xp for finding out information and sharing half of it...

Thom can have +50xp if he made it home in one piece.

+75xp bonus?
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:33 am

I nominate the blob for getting us to Quaddis with 3 days to spare.

I think I remember 80% of what happened last night! Including Matt not sharing info.
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Damn him. Damn him, damn him, damn him.
And I was going to nominate him for the dowry incident.
I nominate Fatty Sandwich.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 pm

I nominate me, since playing the stoic, loyal bodyguard will probably never get me nominated, lol!
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:39 pm

lol didnt you when when you were the only one nominated?
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Lol I had to nominate myself then too!
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Escaping the Spirit Empty Rank 6, bitches!

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Combat Master or Assassin Strike?
Step Aside or Wall of Steel?
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:24 pm

cant parry a bullet...although Gaunt parried a las shot in the book im reading atm.
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill the Butcher Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 pm

I'll second the Vote for the Quiet Stim Jabber
Bill the Butcher
Bill the Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Damn Leo, you'd think sacrificing my own aquisition so that you can have some kick ass armour would garner some favor!
Well, I'll just have to seal the deal. I want that new power/mutation. I vote for my own fat crude ass.
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Escaping the Spirit Empty XP Totals

Post  GM Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Navigator gets the bonus...

Gordon: 325
Butcher: 325
Gaz: 400
Xero: 375
Madame: 350
Void Mistress: 375