Baltimore Gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul?

+2
Leo
GM
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul? Empty Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul?

Post  GM Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:26 am

Welcome to Quaddis, you are guests within the Hastings-Myngs mansion in Xicarph, a siazable plot of valuable real estate. 13 rooms fill this three + floor home, It also boasts a garden with a pool/fountain and a sizable garage. The security system is impressive, armored shutters cover the doors and windows, sentry weapons silently stand watch over most every room in the house, proximity and motion alarms throughout the house and the property. The floors are carved from some rare marble like stone, the walls and trim marked out in rare expensive wood.
---------------------------------

Having somewhat settled in midday is fast approaching, the crowds outside are not quite as bad until you pass the Gardens of Sul, then the crowds are nearly overwhelming. Travelling in a large group is not advised if hoping to remain covert, in order to not lose anyone you have to travel in a tight group, pushing and shoving people out of the way. Well before you even reach the Promenade you can hear the roars of the crowds cheering and yelling.

---------------------------------

Who is going to do what? How are you dressed, what are you carrying and are you conducting yourselves in any specific way? Range is limited for the Micro Beads and the Merciless is too far to act as an intermediary because of the interference from the space and vox traffic. You have a little over 1 and a half days until the countdown to the 13th hour begins signalling the Great Revelry. One and a half days until the Estate of Caius Myngs is auctioned off.

Xicarph is a city of vice, of sin and of opportunities. If there is anything special that anyone wishes to accomplish let me know what it is that you seek before we play so I can prepare suitable responses.
GM
GM
Admin

https://sob420.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul? Empty Re: Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul?

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:45 pm

To the Capt,"Sir, Gonz just purchased a fine suit of carapace armor for me to wear when we are expecting trouble of the.... heavier sort. I prefer my suit of hardened bodyglove for most of my work, but I am more that willing to wear the carapace if you think I will need it. I just ask that you keep this in mind when setting me to task."
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul? Empty Suggestions of things to do...

Post  GM Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Investigate leads for Endeavors

Investigate possible Arena Fighters

Investigate "rules" for entering the Arena as contestants

Pursue leads for the Estate and Auction

Make travel arrangements to Hassad Moone's Estate
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul? Empty Re: Welcome to Quaddis, may I take your soul?

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:59 pm

If we decide to pursue combat in the arena, I believe that Bill and I could fetch a pretty sum if we fought as a pair. There might also be contests available where we could also bring his men in to fight as a unit, vetting us a larger sum of thrones. If we are looking to secure more funds this could be a good way to achieve that. If the Capt. feels he has enough thrones and the risk isnt worthwhile, then we can skip the arenas altogether and try to secure his marriage instead.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 pm

I will be asking Leo and one of Madame's spy-whores to accompany me whilst I pick out a new outfit for my meeting with Hassam Moone. I would like something a little more austere than what I usually wear, with a Puritan flair. I want the whore to talk up the shop owner when I'm not being served and get as much information as she can. I want Leo to follow me and look menacing. Also, I would like to by Leo an outfit to wear over his body glove, something more conservative than mine. And something with bright colors and checkered patterns.
Bill and the other spy-whore will investigate the Arena angle, including potential contestants.
Xeros is going to take a look at this locked secret compass door and see if he can figure it out with Bill's security and tech boy.
I want Madame to pursue the auction and see what she can dig up. Hire a lawyer on Quaddis. Blow something up. Do it. I know he's not going to read this, but that's what I want.
Dr. Girlfriend can make my travel arrangements. Also, confab with Madame and pursue the xenos smuggling thing. Find free traders. Take Gaz with you. And yes, I know he won't read this, either.

Last edited by Nanodave on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:15 pm

"If my assistance is needed, please feel free to call me on comm channel 5-134."

"Captain, may I peruse the list of items to be auctioned?"

Last edited by Demonus on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm

"Oh and Captain, I would recommend quarantining any food aboard the Merciless that was purchased from the Space Station in the last week. It is infected with parasites. Any of you that ate it should probably be checked out."
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Nanodave wrote:I will be asking Leo and one of Madame's spy-whores to accompany me whilst I pick out a new outfit for my meeting with Hassam Moone. I would like something a little more austere than what I usually wear, with a Puritan flair. I want the whore to talk up the shop owner when I'm not being served and get as much information as she can. I want Leo to follow me and look menacing. Also, I would like to by Leo an outfit to wear over his body glove, something more conservative than mine. And something with bright colors and checkered patterns.

Uhh that wasnt part of my contract....
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:22 pm

"Other duties as assigned..."

I recommend the perfect dress shop... Wink
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Leo wrote:
Nanodave wrote:I will be asking Leo and one of Madame's spy-whores to accompany me whilst I pick out a new outfit for my meeting with Hassam Moone. I would like something a little more austere than what I usually wear, with a Puritan flair. I want the whore to talk up the shop owner when I'm not being served and get as much information as she can. I want Leo to follow me and look menacing. Also, I would like to by Leo an outfit to wear over his body glove, something more conservative than mine. And something with bright colors and checkered patterns.

Uhh that wasnt part of my contract....

What? You're worried about clothes? Because you're a fashion mogul as well as a killing machine? We talked about the Harlequin thing last night.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

What kind of information do you have the Whore try and get? The weather? Sports? Variety? Also keep in mind that the scale of the shop (boutique over stall) may not react well to a Whore being all chatty when a man of your station should get all of the attention due one of your apparent prestige.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Nanodave wrote:

What? You're worried about clothes? Because you're a fashion mogul as well as a killing machine? We talked about the Harlequin thing last night.

Well if we are going to go that route, then lets do it right. I will dress the part, and only bring one sword, Harmony, which I will wear at my side instead of on my back. I will also have my combat knife tucked away on me. I think I shouldnt be a menacing bodyguard type, if you want to play dress-up with me, but an associate instead. That way if someone wants to play their hand, they will be more willing to and we can learn who our enemies may be.
I have one condition though, which I will share in our private forum, so please check that.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh, the Harlequin costume isn't for the meeting with Hassam. I figure we'll knock out the shopping all at once though.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Demonus wrote:"Oh and Captain, I would recommend quarantining any food aboard the Merciless that was purchased from the Space Station in the last week. It is infected with parasites. Any of you that ate it should probably be checked out."
Yes, you may see the auction list.
What kind of parasites?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm

GM wrote:What kind of information do you have the Whore try and get? The weather? Sports? Variety? Also keep in mind that the scale of the shop (boutique over stall) may not react well to a Whore being all chatty when a man of your station should get all of the attention due one of your apparent prestige.
A consort (whore-spy) should be able to drop hints and discreetly find out information. Maybe Fel has been in the area. Maybe one of the auction-house people are patrons of the boutique. A suit like that was bought by the Lord Mayor of Xicarph. That kind of thing.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes a Consort would but not a whore. Two different things socially and two very different areas of influence. Whores would fit in well in the arena to get information while a consort would be limited to the ritzier private boxes which you will not just be able to waltz into. They can play either role but when you refer to them as whores thats how they play it. Your tongue may be silver but the barbs cut just as deep.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:48 pm

"The nature of the parasite is not contained in the data slate, which should have been presented to the authorities on the Space Station we just left..." I pause, "however, it seemed to fall into Commander Butcher's hands, and so thousands will most likely fall ill due to this discrepency."
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Demonus wrote:"The nature of the parasite is not contained in the data slate, which should have been presented to the authorities on the Space Station we just left..." I pause, "however, it seemed to fall into Commander Butcher's hands, and so thousands will most likely fall ill due to this discrepency."

What do you mean it seems to fall into Butchers hands?
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:28 pm

I turn to the Moritat.

"Well he is the one that asked me to translate it."
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

GM wrote:Yes a Consort would but not a whore. Two different things socially and two very different areas of influence. Whores would fit in well in the arena to get information while a consort would be limited to the ritzier private boxes which you will not just be able to waltz into. They can play either role but when you refer to them as whores thats how they play it. Your tongue may be silver but the barbs cut just as deep.
Then send the whore with Bill.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Demonus wrote:"The nature of the parasite is not contained in the data slate, which should have been presented to the authorities on the Space Station we just left..." I pause, "however, it seemed to fall into Commander Butcher's hands, and so thousands will most likely fall ill due to this discrepency."
Was it something we were carrying or just something on the station?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm

So far...

Demonus is doing his own thing.

The Captain and Leo are shopping for clothing.

The Butcher and a Whore are going to the arena with a few Boys.

--------
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:14 pm

I do not believe that WE carried the parasite, it was found in the stations food, which we most likely secured for the Merciless.
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Ok, is there any way to decontaminate it or is it a total loss for food? Because I think food is going to be a high dollar commodity here and we can't travel without it.
Also, what's the treatment and how does it affect a person?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Also, so everyone knows, while we are on Quaddis, I am dropping the Hastings from my last name and just going with Myngs. It should pack more punch and I'm mad at my Mom.

G.F.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next