Baltimore Gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 4 Quaddis

5 posters

Go down

Session 4 Quaddis Empty Session 4 Quaddis

Post  GM Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:09 pm

It is almost midnite, a little over 24 hours until the auction begins. The arena does not appear to close during the Festival though the matches have toned down a bit. Mostly it has been Beast matches and a few slaves on slaves.

[When we begin Tuesday, if anyone has anything that they wish to do you may want to begin planning it. Whe the countdown begins there is no going back...
GM
GM
Admin

https://sob420.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Session 4 Quaddis Empty All Night Long....

Post  GM Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Over the next 36 Hours the celebration will begin to erupt, the chaos and madness that you have seen thus far has been but an appetizer for the party ahead. With the coming of the 13th Hour many Merchants, Officals, Clerks and Bankers are trying to close deals, settle accounts and transfer the information before the loss of Astropathic Communication. This influx of business combined with the closing of many of the Institutions makes these final hours a nightmare of red tape and bureaucratic barriers that not even the savviest of Adepts could circumnavigate.

Any and all transactions of large sums of money (Profit Factor), legal exchanges (forfeitures, transfers, seizures, claims), inquiries (archives, financial records, writs) or other situation deemd fitting by the GM will have its difficulty increased for every 6 hours.

12am-6am (-10)
6am-12pm (-20)
12pm-6pm (-30)
6pm-12am (-40)
1st-6th Hour (-50)
7-12th Hour (-60)

Any type of transaction during the Countdown (final 13 hours) is more difficult to perform or obtain, as the tensions begin to rise and shops close up and people hide from the growing mobs. Most people find shelter in a party within the safety of one of the Mansions in Xicarph. as such any acquisition test is at a -20 if it does not fit into the category above.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Session 4 Quaddis Empty Contacts

Post  GM Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Quaddis is a good place to make Contacts, if you wish to purchase a Contact or two using the rules in the Inquisitor Handbook we can do so together and instead of spending XP you will be basically buying an enemy, or two as a counter. You may also spend XP as normal in which case you only get the enemies you make yourselves. Wink
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Session 4 Quaddis Empty Re: Session 4 Quaddis

Post  Nanodave Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 pm

How much xp is a contact?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:46 pm

GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Session 4 Quaddis Empty Experience Session 4

Post  GM Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 am

Good Job, I wish I could have run each group seperately as I made them each to be able to be done as seperate game nights but I had to hurry things along a bit so that we could at least get the Auction out of the way and to not have you all get too worried about transporting an Aspiring Chaos Champion of Khorne to Foot Fall. Sponsoring him in a fight was bad enough. Good news is that Bill the Butcher's name is now carrying some serious weight.

Experience
Captain: 300xp
Navigator: 300xp +50xp trying to save Cousin, +25xp saving one item.
Explorator: 300xp
Arch Militant: 300xp +50xp for joining the Owner's Circle at the Arena
Void Master: 300xp
Seneschal: 300xp
Assassin: 300xp

75xp Bonus
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 am

I nominate Gordon for opening the mystery box without fear...and handling the auction without violence.
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:38 am

Hey, I saved two items. I had Xeros copy one of the chips info. That's a safe backup. Curse you for stealing from me Bill!! Lol
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:49 pm

It's a toss up. I will go with Xeros for his assistance during the auction. I would have nominated Gazandwich, but that's a whole other thread.
Oh, and I need EVERYONE to accompany me to the warehouse where my stuff is being stored. Fel is being a pain, and I don't want him touching stuff I bought.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Ok. This is what I want done.
Bill, get as many mercenaries, armed men, and scoundrels as you can together. Now.
Madame (this is for everyone else's benefit since Matt will never see this), I need the numbers on the security details at the Vault.
Xeros, try and chum up with the other Mechanicus priests and get armed people to the vaults. Servitors, guns, whatever.
Leo, you and I are going to the Guild. If Dr. Girlfriend gets in touch, have her rally anyone she knows and head for the Vaults.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

[Just so you can alter your orders:
This arena doesn't have any Combat Servitors, the Fate's Wheel is an arena whose major draw is that they allow cyber augmented and combat servitors to compete. The Cirque Du Mort believes in the purity of the fighter, unaltered, pure, primal...and now tainted....beyond personal households you (Xeros) has no idea whee to find combat ready servitors. The Tech Priests on Quaddis (Cult ones) are elders, too skilled to simply retire outof service they have cushy retirement like kobs overseeeing the technomats that maintain the city. The AdMech do not have a "base" here.]
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:38 pm

So, I'm open to suggestions. I want to show up with overwhelming force.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Maybe we could get signed up as extra security?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Not with only a few hours left of the Festival. Also, you might think that Hadarack will possibly have the security aware of anyone suspicious, perhaps you and your group.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 pm

The Buildings are marked A-E and the number in the circle represents the height of the building. The walls are considered 2 and the gate house and towers are 3.

This is going to be a massed battle, you are up against a few platoons of trained security guards and numerous support elements. Your overall objective is to Breach the Main Vault, but to do so you have to overcome a number of obstacles which can be overcome to make the assault easier and control the loss of casualties. Do not be misled, people will die. This is a warm up to your new endeavor, just a small taste of what you will experience when you try to claim an entire planet.

To make things easier you may choose to have your Cargo Lander bring 30 of your crew to the planet, but remember there is a problem aboard the Merciless that could use their attention. It is a tough choice, but one that could mean all the difference. You have allies as well, some have contacts others just a passing aquaintenance. All the guns, heavy firepower, transportation and manpower will eb needed but at what cost, how many favors are you willing to owe to stop Hadarack Fel? Is the story of Skull Taker only a preamble to the spiral to corruption or was it truly just an end to justify the means?

Good luck.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Ok. I just want to keep Fel out of the vault. I want as many people in front of me and beside me as possible. If he dies, he dies. If not, eh. As long as he knows that he is not fucking with my stuff any more.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Lets hope that the crew decides to work together on this. With everyone working together and pooling their resources you should be able to muster a decent force. It all depends on the sacrifices players are willing to make for the Dynasty. We'll spend a little time on prep work next tuesday but I would like to get to it as soon as possible. If you want to do this with email if that is eaiser that works just use this to post what your paln is not what everyones idea is...
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:32 am

I nominate Gaz for bonus xp, not for the highly entertaining show, but for sticking to his guns about these items he has and not giving into pressure from Bill and Man-woman. He keeps telling them they wont understand what is going on because its beyond their ken, like it is some big, navigator mystery. He had me convinced. Nice role-playing on that part.
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Session 4 Quaddis Empty Contacts

Post  GM Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:25 am

Purchasing contacts can only be done at certain times, unlike regular XP expenditure. Remember that contacts must be cleared first but for the most part I am pretty open to them as long as they are not unbalancing. If you wish for a more powerful contact then you can RP the building of the relationship over time. You may also expand normal contacts in this way though they should retain the same flavor and theme.

It is times like this that contacts will come in handy...
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Can't nominate Gaz as entertaining as his 20meter leap was, simply because it was foolhardy and poorly planned, and for the fact that if he continues to do such acts, he will die, and it will be wasted xp. Smile

I will second Gordon's nomination.
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:36 am

Still need the Butchers choice.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down