Baltimore Gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel like chicken tonight!

+2
Leo
GM
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! - Page 2 Empty Re: I feel like chicken tonight!

Post  Bill the Butcher Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 am

[Returning from the wash-room]
"Sorry Cap, the fare is a bit richer than I'm used to...although I could get used to it."

"Any how...these are my two thrones."

"One... The info we've got about troop movements are good for a while, we just need to find a new source to keep them up. Now my man at Port Wander MIGHT be able to help with that, BUT it ain't gonna be cheap...in time or thrones. But I think we got a little time before we gotta tangle with that beast."

"Two... I'd like to see the info about the Intrepid Spirit, does the ][nquisition know about what's happening? Or do we have a chance to get there before they do? If they ain't caught wind yet...we could meet up with the Intrepid before it gets to close. Cut her off at the pass so to say. If we could take the Bridge and send her back into the Warp...to where ever the Frak it is we're headed next Quaddel was it? We might be able to deal with the problem in transit."

"BUT...if your leaving me and the boys on that hersesy forsaken shit-tank during transit I want all the info you can get me!!"
Bill the Butcher
Bill the Butcher

Back to top Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! - Page 2 Empty Deck Plans of the Intrepid SPirit

Post  GM Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:00 am

I feel like chicken tonight! - Page 2 Intspi10

Those are the plans for the Intrepid Spirit. The Vessel is about half the size of the merciless, no where near as armed or armored. It is a long distance cargo hauler and that is about it. The only way to board her without the necassary Void Training is through the Landing Bay in the Gun Cutter. There is a crew complement of 180, including a single astropath, a navigator and a small cadre of tech priests.

Though the ship is not long t is tall and wide, there are over 20 floors to navigate from the landing bay through the bilge and mid decks to spinal arteria which connects all the other sections. If the lifts are not working then travel times will be increased. If there is no gravity, non void born will be moving as if through difficult and dangerous terrain. if tere is no oxygen you will have to remember to bring enough. If the ship is powered and the security systems are operating you will require aa ward accessor in order to pass through. The Captains would work but requires him to be using it. It could be copied by the Explorator, possibly. Some sections won't open with a master key, even ship catains have their own secret stashes.
GM
GM
Admin

https://sob420.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:22 pm

The holo projector kicks on and you see Xero's workshop and servitors working on various tasks. "Gentlemen, Lady, forgive my absence from your dinner, i am currently working on other items at this time. If you will patch me the access code to the data slate there, I will assuredly check its contents for you."
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:12 pm

<I am sending an email to those who wished to listen to the message I received>

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:18 pm

< This is just easier. There's no reason to keep the information hidden. Jim put it at the front of this thread. I've posted it here again.>
Epsilon 5: Copy that TacCom, adjusting auguries across multiple bands. Same result, over.
TacCom: Roger that Epsilon 5, Epsilon Leader identify Five Five Vector Seven Anomaly, confirm.”
Epsilon Leader: Sensor Auspex are useless TacCom, some type of interference from the Bogey. Making approach for visual confirmation, over.
Epsilon 3: Vox contact still negative sir, still unable to isolate the frequency being emitted, could be an effect of the Augury interference, over.
TacCom: Roger Epsilon leader, plot Vector Seven Seven, over.
<Localized Vox Chatter>
Epsilon Leader: Wild Child, Arch Angel form up on my wing, Hammer, Anvil take up overwatch positions, if a single turret even flinches launch ordinance and fall back to Delta Six Six, confirm.
Epsilon 2, 3, 4, 5: Delta Six Six, confirmed.
Epsilon Leader: By the Emperor, what is that on the Hull, is that Battle Damage? Hammer can you get any readings from that thing?
Epsilon 5: Negative sir, Auguries are really messed up, it looks like more than simple interference.
Epsilon 3: I have to agree sir, the signal I detected is some type of a broadcast.
Epsilon Leader: Broadcast? You mean you made contact?
Epsilon 3: Negative sir, it sounds like a feedback loop of some sort, it doesn’t appear to be coherent.
Epsilon 4: I think I am picking it up as well on my vox caster, like a buzzing sound. Damn these MIUs itch.
Epsilon 5: Sir, I have a visual on the Vessel’s engines, they look to have suffered some sort of damage.
Epsilon Leader: Is it recent?
Epsilon 5: Let me take a pict of it with my Auspex sir, oh wait they aren’t working.
Epsilon Leader: Don’t be a prick Hammer, using your years of experience as a Hellion and as a pain in my ass what would your guess be.
Epsilon 5: Sir, the Navy does not train me to guess.
Epsilon Leader: Commissar Grolsch is going to receive a rather lengthy discourse…
Epsilon 5: Understood sir, sorry sir. I would guess that it is recent, I don’t see any obvious exterior damage from weapons fire. Rents in the hull appear to balloon outwards.
Epsilon Leader: Engine Explosion.
Epsilon 4: Seriously, no one else hears the buzzing sound?
Epsilon 3: Its not quite a buzzing as it is a humming.
Epsilon 4: That’s not a hum, its going bzzzzzz.
<Global Chatter>
TacCom: Um, is there a problem with your Vox systems Captain?
Epsilon Leader: No sir, just some type of broadcast from the Vessel.
TacCom: Contact with the crew or a distress beacon?
Epsilon Leader: Neither as far as I can…
<Local Chatter>
Epsilon Leader: Anvil your channel is open I am getting feedback from your vox.
Epsilon 4: Sir that’s not me, that’s the broadcast I was telling you about.
Epsilon 2: Up ahead sir, 30 degrees, vector two one. Hitting the spot.
Epsilon 3: I have localized the frequency and..it is a message…I think.
<Global Chatter>
TacCom: Epsilon Leader?
Epsilon Leader: Sorry TacCom we are experiencing technical problems with our Vox systems. What is that saying?
TacCom: What is what saying Epsilon leader?
<Local Chatter>
Epsilon 2: Sir, the Vessel is the…
Epsilon Leader: The signal is repeating we are the one. Damn MIU..
Epsilon 3: We are the One.
Epsilon 2: “Intrepid Spirit”.
<A loud screech of feedback dominates the signal briefly cutting out the signal>
Epsilon Leader: Fuck, Wild Child what in hell are you doing?! Arch Angel, Hammer evasive maneuvers…
Epsilon 5: We are the one..
Epsilon 2: On your six sir, God Emperor…
<Global Chatter>
TacCom: Epsilon Leader what is your status?…Epsilon Leader what is your status? Come in Epsilon Leader, confirm identification; Intrepid Spirit. Epsilon Leader?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Assuming that the situation on the Intrepid Spirit is normal and you use the Launch Bay as your Insertion Point these are your estimated Time Tables.

Launch Bay -> Bilge (10 Minutes)
Bilge -> Mid Deck (10 Minutes)
Bilge -> Engineering (15 Minutes)
Bilge -> Cargo (15 Minutes)

Mid Deck -> Engineering (15 Minutes)
Mid Deck -> Bridge (10 Minutes)
Mid Deck -> Back-up Power (10 Minutes)
Mid Deck -> Cargo (15 Minutes)

Self Destruction: Activated on the Bridge or Engineering main terminal. rsults in detonation of Plasma Core.

Secondary Power: Self Destruct activated by overloading the secondary Plasma Core requiring bypass.

Explosives placed in four key locations (Bridge, Backup or Main Power, Coolant Unit (Rear Cargo), Inertial Dampener (Mid Decks)) will result in the same effect.
----------------------

This is not to direct you into whatever course of action you choose to take just to provide you some basic information that can be gained from study of the plans for the Intrepid Spirit. If there are any specifics you wish to know of ask before Tuesday.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:59 am

would it be possible to take the Intrepid and slave it to our navigation and controls so that it follows us and we can control it from our bridge?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! - Page 2 Empty Orders

Post  Nanodave Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:02 am

Everyone is to present their weapons for inspection and blessing to Xeros before we board the Intrepid Spirit. Xeros is to have the weapons back to their respective owners as quickly as possible.
Captain presents his weapons after dinner to Xeros.

Captain G.F. Hastings-Myngs

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:18 pm

That would be a monumentally complex affair. By nature Vessels are not designed with Remote Control, at least not warp capable Vessels. Some ships are easily controlled that way, mostly when docking at a Space Station or Orbital it is common that control is "handed" over to the Control Tower to insure that there are no collisions or accidents. This is more prevalant with System Ships as most Warp Craft are much too large to dock properly. (The Station you are currenntly on is huge but still only has a single berth large enough for a ship of your size or larger.)

That said, the Intrepid Spirit is a much smaller vessel than yours, able to operate with a minimal crew, the Machine Spirit of the vessel may be coaxed into travelling to a specific set of coordinates but unless you can somehow connect with it remotely it will have to be done from either the Bridge or the Engine Room. It will require someone skilled in Piloting Space Ships or a really really good instructor via Vox link.

Assuming that the Codes you have for the Spirit haven't changed it won't be a big issue to assert control, if they are no longer valid however you will need someone capable of hacking the system.

There are other factors as well, how many of the crew and Servitors are still functioning, are they still alive. Are the Shields still active, Void Shields and Geller Fields disrupt communications, Teleporters, psychic abilities, if these are active then it will provide problems for gaining entry, making contact through vox systems or even taking an accurate augury.

In any case, the use of remote operation requires a certain distance in order to establish such a link, roughly 3 Void Units for an uniterrupted stream of data and that is only if there are no shields or fields.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill the Butcher Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Sir my question is also this: say we board the ship, take control, kill off what'ever chaos filth is livin' inside, which is no easy task mind you. That ship ain't shit in size to our Girl, but it's still a big muther with lots a nooks and crannies to hide in.....for..years.
But, we do it right! It happens!

Who the fuck to we get to scrap off what ever the fuck is growing on the side?
Bill the Butcher
Bill the Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Ok. I'm working on a plan. It'll require teams, so be prepared to board with weapons. That includes you, Gaz.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill the Butcher Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Very well...

Remember Capt. that the Cutter can take over only a dozen of us.
Let me know which members of the crew are going, and I'll form up a team of my boys to fill in any gaps.
Bill the Butcher
Bill the Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:23 am

Okay.
Whatever is happening is being transferred via coms. No radio contact with the Intrepid Spirit until we are sure that we have control. We need to determine what is attached to the hull, and if it can be removed. If we can't identify what it is that's on the hull, then we're destroying the ship.
I want three teams. Xeros is in charge of the salvage team, accompanied by Madame. He gets the tech adepts and whatever tools he needs to salvage as much of the Intrepid Spirit as we can. Bill is in charge of the van. Him and his boys sweep through engineering first, then head to the bridge. I'll take charge of the third team. I have to enter the ship first and claim it. Gaz and Leo will be with me. We will move to the bridge.
If we can take the ship without destroying it, I'd rather do that. Gaz will have to set up the navigation on the Merciless before we board the Intrepid Spirit. If we take the ship, I'll return to the Merciless with Xeros and his team and head to Quaddis with Gaz's navigation planned.. Bill and his boys along with Gaz will jump the ship to Quaddis. We'll rendevous there.
If we are scrapping the Spirit, then Xeros and his boys salvage as much as possible from there and return it to the Merciless. I'll start the self destruct, and return once we've gotten what's most valuable.
Comments?

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill the Butcher Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:13 pm

One, Splitting into so many teams might be a bad idea Capt. Sounds like those Pilots had a lot of trouble with their vox, and they we're OUTSIDE the ship. Inside there could be no internal vox communication at all, only line of site.

Two, again we're taken over only about a dozen, unless we send the Cutter back to make a second run and, that's STILL only 24. Vs maybe 60 to 80 cultist/things or what have you. Again sticking together is a good idea.

Three, how does Master Xeros feel bout blowing up that ship? With that shit on the side, IS it salvageable? Will anybody touch it?

Also...I want everyone who's going over wearing a Void suit from the armory, we don't know if their going to be oxygen over there.
Carrying an extra tank of oxygen, that will give us 2 HOURS, JUST 2. And don't forget about the fact that your gonna be carrying around another 9kg worth of weight.
Bill the Butcher
Bill the Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:23 pm

I thought the cutter held about thirty. That'd be 10 men per team. If it's only 12, then it's all of us together. Like I said, if Xeros can't identify the carbuncle, then we'll try and salvage. I don't want to lose a perfectly good cargo ship because of some clap trap.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Charley Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 pm

What the frak are you talking about, Gordita? Sending a ship through the warp without a Navigator?! Throne, you are wet behind the ears! You do that and there's no telling when or where that ship would ever reemerge from the warp. If the Spirit's Navigator has perished, we'll only be able to run one vessel through warp-space. I'm not just here for my looks like that bodyguard of yours. I'll get whichever ship you want where ever you want it. You wanna move two ships, you'll need another navigator...my cousin was on Quaddis. Was supposed to be headed to Fenksworld... Can't vouch for many other Navigators.
Is she still breathing?(nods at the face down Madame) I need her to send one of her gals to my cabin tonight.
Evil Charley
Evil Charley

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanodave Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Ok, so we need another navigator. We'll get Madame to work that out.

Nanodave

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:23 pm

(just fyi I know at least Matt and I are going to need a recap tomorrow of what's going on. I dont mind checking the forum here for little background story shit so I dont bog down the roleplaying nights, but I dont check them daily and prefer to roleplay in person on Mondays/Tuesdays Smile )

Im vaguely aware about a space ship that has heretics on it? And that the Madame is a drunk!
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Lmao you sit in front of a computer all day long at work and find vague youtube video links but dont have time to read few posts on a forum?! Damn and I thought I was lazy!
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 pm

The only thing you will miss out on is extra information by not checking your forums. This isn't a requirement in order to participate in the game. This is just an opportunity for you to have a bit more knowledge on what is going on then other PCs, like wise for them. If two people go looking for some information on a famous smuggler and both succeed at their tests. Well they both will get the same information but with the forums I can give them a more approapriate answer based on their source or contacts. This is much harder to do on the fly and without me having to print up 100 handouts to give out.

Matt is a good example, it is unfortunate that he is playng such an important position, especially for a slightly shadier type of game that this will most likely be. I am not going to punish the rest of you because his computer is broken and can only play Dragon Age, but I am also not going to be able to give out the detailed information that I could here.

Also, everyone has their own agenda, I don't want to take up game time for doing side things that could easily be done via corresponding, and emails don't cut it when you need to reference something a week or two later.

If you don't think that you can "keep up" then let me know and i will stop giving you information and you can get updated the same way Matt and Josh, if he ever plays. Either way is fine with me and I won't miss the extra effort Wink
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonus Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 pm

you are misunderstanding. its not about taking the time or effort of reading through all the posts. I read each item that Jim sends me in my private forum and keep it as a reference. My point is, I like roleplaying...in person...with people. Passing out information and the PCs throwing together a quick "what do you think we should do so we dont waste 2 hours on Tues deciding" is fine.

I just don't want it devolving into play by post gaming, and people being completely lost when we show up Tuesday. Like i said, feel free to continue and post to your hearts content, i just dont want to come in 3 pages later with "well you didnt reply that day so your character did this..."
Demonus
Demonus

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Heh, there isn't going to be a time limit on posts like that. That was for the shadowrun game. I don't get responses to most of what I post and I shouldn't need to unless there is a particular question about something. I just ask that everyone know what is going on by the day we play, that may mean you have like 12 posts you have to catch up on but if you are ok with that...

Also cut and paste is your friend, unless you are trying to hide particular elements of information you receieve, there is no need to re-type something if you don't want to. I don't see this as taking the place of roleplaying, its more of an enhancement to it. We are starting tuesday on the first course of dinner, everyone will have a bit more information then you would have had we just roleplayed out the entire affair in person. If we were to just roleplay out dinner it would take over an hour of secret notes, private conversations, waiting for smokers to smoke, etc etc.

Just because this isn't going to replace roleplaying doesn't mean that it isn't going to be used for that purpose however and as mentioned before this is mostly bonus material, the bonus XP you wouldn't get if we didn't use the forums, the bonus items wouldn't have been available w/o the forums. None of it is game breaking or critical stuff. Its all to enhance your playing experience and make my life easier as I can reference information w/o sifting through scores of emails all labeled Rogue Trader and talking about video games, Alliance orders, youtube junk and comments about Charleys girlfriend.
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

I feel like chicken tonight! - Page 2 Empty XP Session 1 (Introduction)

Post  GM Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:05 pm

I am locking this forum. It can still be read but no longer posted to.

Charley: 100xp
Dave: 100xp
Jason H: 100xp
Jason L: 100xp
Thom: 100xp
GM
GM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum